Just some minutes before, the recently shut-down for maintenance official www.tindersticks.co.uk site has been reopened. Check it out by yourself !
here are some news about it:
- Anniversary Tour & new Album “Across Six Leap Years” announced – this is big news :)
21 – Paris, Olympia
24 – Dublin, Vicar St
25 – London, Barbican
27 – Copenhagen, Koncertsalen
28 – Berlin, Admiralspalast
29 – Amsterdam, Concertgebouw
source: www.tindersticks.co.uk (screenshots on different webpages)
The new design (on WordPress) is looking more modern and streamlined, so here are some bits of news on that with illustrating website screenshots:
- “forum” reopened yet, rest of the site will follow 10:00 CET today (6th March) – the main forum design is similar to the “old” one, so no surprises so far
- “tomorrows” features the news section , formerly on the main site
- The announcement from the site: “new site Firstly, welcome to our new site. A work in progress, as usual, though we hope this signifies a new phase in this long adventure.
- A new shop will open soon.
- Neil is now very much at the centre of this new site, we hope this connects our work and ideas directly to you.
- There are many exciting plans going on around here, afterall we are 21 this year and its 20 years since the release of our first album.
- More news and announcements of special releases and events are on their way, but first off… “
- “yesterdays” features the collection of the former discography, gigography and the “film scores” and “songs for the young at heart” subsites
- a nice little feature is the new webplayer in the yesterdays/concerts section – also in the discography section on selected releases
tindersticks – Live in London – Barbican 2006 (the last one in original band lineup) – as full length stream on the redesigned official website:
Barbican 2006 – full concert stream
- “concerts” features the info about forthcoming concerts
- “family” features some photos & links to tindersticks related artists, photographers, …
- “contacts” features now even an email form to get in touch
- the “shop” is (still) missing, but as announced should be soon around again
That’s all for now – Enjoy the new tinder-world :)
n.b. the Barbican slipped out another bit of info: NEW ALBUM out October 2013 called “Across Six Leap Years” … probably a best-of collection/release
source: website screenshot
|“They are marking the anniversary with a special performance featuring music from their new album Across Six Leap Years, which will be released in October. “
n.b. (2): City Slang also announced on facebook some additional news – A NEW SOUNDTRACK & a BOOK !
“2013 will see the release and tour (see below for dates) of new collection ‘Across six leap years’ a retrospective recording session and album and a tour of Europe’s capital cities upon its release in October.
The year will also see ‘Les Salauds’ a new soundtrack work for the renowned film director Claire Denis.
Stuart A. Staples, the bands singer/writer will also release the book ‘Singing Skies’ with his wife, painter, Suzanne Osborne. A collaboration featuring her work from ‘A year in small paintings’ and the first time Stuart’s songs have been written down.”
source: city slang – facebook promotional posting (screenshot)